Thursday, December 24, 2009

I'm looking for a recipe for RCMP Squares, a dessert bar popular in Nova Scotia. Has anyone heard of them?

I have a feeling the initials R C M P stand for some of the ingredients.I'm looking for a recipe for RCMP Squares, a dessert bar popular in Nova Scotia. Has anyone heard of them?
I live in nova scotia and I've never heard of them.





PS, it also stands for Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Maybe the recipe refers to the hash brownies they make when they confiscate drugs.

1 comment:

  1. I have it. Im from NB


    RCMP Squares

    2 cups of graham wafers
    1/2 cup of margarine melted first in the microwave
    put together and put in an 8 or 9 inch square pan
    bake for about 8 minutes at 350

    mix 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
    2 cups of flaked coconut
    1 teaspoon(small) of vanilla
    Put this here on top of graham wafers and cook for another 15 or 20 minutes. check it so it won't burn. A (little) brown is ok. Let this cool for about an hour or so . Once it's cool enough make the frosting.

    Frosting
    2 cups of Icing Sugar
    1/4 cup of cocoa
    1/4 cup of soft margarine(do not melt this though)
    Mix it and add a bit of milk at a time. You can make it thick or thin. I like mine thick.
    Be sure you only put about 1 tablespoon of milk at a time. keep stirring and you will find it gets thicker. Be careful don't add too much milk. It will make it to thin. then enjoy. let me know how they turn out. love mom

    ReplyDelete