Monday, December 28, 2009

I need a recipe for Xango-(Mexican Dessert)--Best dessert I've Ever Tasted?

I had this at a Mexican Restaurant in Texas. UNREAL. I can't ebelieve how good it was. Now in Ohio they have the same dessert in the Mexican Restaurants around here but they can't keep it in stock-demand is way to high. It's like a fried cheesecake wrapped in a flour tortilla and ...I can't even begin to describe it. I ordered it from while at work today (another restaurant) and they said they had over 80 phone orders for it nd ran out. I cannot find this recipe anywhere. Has anyone tried it? You get the recipe-you get the points-and alot of thanks!!!I need a recipe for Xango-(Mexican Dessert)--Best dessert I've Ever Tasted?
I found a copycat recipe for Applebee's Chimicheesecake...which is like what you're describing. Hope this helps!





Applebee's Chimicheesecake





10-12 flour tortillas (6 1/2 inch)


16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature


1/2 cup sugar


6 tablespoons flour


2 eggs, beaten


1 teaspoon vanilla extract


1 (20 ounce) can cooked apples, drained very well


1/2 cup almond toffee pieces





Cinnamon sugar





1/2 cup sugar, and


3 tablespoons ground cinnamon, mixed very well





vanilla ice cream


caramel topping





Beat cream cheese until fluffy; add sugar and eggs, then beat again.


Add vanilla extract and mix well.


Fold toffee bits and apple pieces into cheese mixture.


On tortilla, place a serving in the middle, about 2 1/2 inches from each side of shell.


Tuck sides in slightly and roll shell to seal the filling and hold in the cream cheese.


When all shells have been stuffed and rolled, place in refrigerator; chill to set filling.


In deep fryer heat vegetable oil.


When ready, place chimicheesecake in oil and fry until slightly golden, while carefully turning on each side.


Remove from oil.


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Place chimicheesecake on cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.


Remove from oven and liberally sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.


Serve cheesecake slightly warm with a scoop or ice cream and carmel topping drizzled on top.I need a recipe for Xango-(Mexican Dessert)--Best dessert I've Ever Tasted?
I am sorry, but I looked everywhere and had no luck. I did find this site though that does make them and ship them out. Unfortuantely, only in big quantities for like $110.00 or something. But, maybe you will want that for a party some time or something. I do not know. I just suggest you calling a restaurant when they first open and place an order for it for lunch time. That way you get to order it before the lunch rush. Good luck.





http://www.sweetstreet.com/category.asp/鈥?/a>
I believe Carla's recipe is close but not it - take out the apples and toffee chips. The ones you describe are much more plain... and instead of the caramel, they use honey and chocolate syrup drizzled together and the cinnamon may be incorporated into the honey.
  • opera sheet music
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment