Monday, December 28, 2009

I need a vegan christmas vegan dessert recipe!!!?

hi guys, my friend is vegan, and I want to make some sort of cookie or sweet for her as a part of my christmas present to her. Problem is, I cannot find a decent recipe anywhere!!! HELP!!!!!I need a vegan christmas vegan dessert recipe!!!?
It's really thoughtful of you to want to make your friend a vegan dessert! You guys are obviously really good friends.





Here are reliable sources (in my opinion) for good vegan dessert recipes:





http://www.vegcooking.com/FoodTypeDesser鈥?/a>


http://vegweb.com/index.php?board=144.0


http://www.geocities.com/miaow2000/chris鈥?/a>





I made a delicious vegan pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving that everyone, even my non-vegetarian family members loved:


http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=6174.0





Good luck! (I'm sure your friend will love whatever vegan dessert you end up making).I need a vegan christmas vegan dessert recipe!!!?
You're welcome. Enjoy! Report Abuse

How about fruit salad with raisins and nuts? I made it for my vegan friends and they really enjoyed it.
Mince Pies and Custard





Ingredients





2 grated apples


2 grated carrots


finely chopped walnut pieces


lemon


orange


vegan margarine


sultanas


mixed spice


pastry




















To make the vegan mince meat for the pies combine 2 grated apples, 2 grated carrots, finely chopped walnuts (the same looking quantity as apple), lemon juice from 1 lemon plus grated rind, Orange juice from 1 orange plus grated rind, knob of vegan margarine, a generous handful sultanas (you cannot have too many) and lots of mixed spices to taste. Leave the ingredients in a covered bowl in the fridge for at least 24 hours for the flavours to come out. Use the pastry of your choice for the pies and place the mixture generously into each one.





These are delicious served warm with custard which I make from a vegan custard powder and sweetened soya milk or you can buy in the shops, and a large serving of vegan cream.
Awesome.





Boil 2 cups of dates for 8 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes.


Blend dates in food processor with a tablespoon


of the liquid left over from the boil.


Mix in 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp cinnamon,


1/2 tsp almond extract, pinch of salt, 1tablespoon sugar.


Toast chopped nuts (almonds or hazelnut, whatever) and


add 1/3 cup to mix.


Form mix into little mushy balls (cherry sized)


and roll in coconut and then cocoa powder.


Chill a little.





About 35 calories each (basically no sodium or sat. fat)
how about a chicken salad with bacon bits and cheese to top it. A nice glass of milk will compliment this.

No comments:

Post a Comment